Friday, February 11, 2011

Orange BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I have literally been waiting all week to post this awesome dinner:) And it was so WORTH it because it was just amazing!!! I started cooking mine at 9am this morning on low and it was ready by 5pm.

Ingredients:
1 boneless pork shoulder (3 lb.)
1 bottle (18 oz.) KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
Juice from 1 medium orange [ I used 2 oranges:)]
12 sandwich rolls, split, toasted [ I went and got fresh french bread from the commissary]
1/2 cup KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise

Directions:
PLACE meat in slow cooker; top with barbecue sauce and orange juice. Cover with lid.
COOK on LOW 8 to 10 hours (or on HIGH 4 to 6 hours). Remove meat from slow cooker; cut into small pieces or shred with fork. Return to slow cooker; stir to evenly coat meat with sauce.
With the fresh french bread I cut the size we would both eat, cut them in half. Then I brushed melted butter lightly on top. Then I placed our bread in the oven at 350 degrees and baked for about 7 minutes..just to get it a little crunchy!
SPREAD rolls with mayo; then add the meat.


Please note that I didn't use a lot of mayo since we aren't big mayo fans. And the photo above is Justin's plate since he likes beans, I don't....YUCK!!! So he was pumped to have some beans for dinner! I hope you all ENJOY:):)

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of mayo with bbq but the meat part sounded good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't either, I didn't add a lot. But it tasted great:)

    ReplyDelete