Friday, February 18, 2011

Chicken-Stuffed Bell Peppers

So when I came across this recipe..I was won over. But then I remembered that I had these frozen stuffed bell peppers before and it was not so yummy. So when the peppers where done and mine cooled off for a little bit. I took a bit and I was SO WON OVER!!!!!!! I want to make this tomorrow night, the next night and man oh man!!

You will need:
4 large green, red or orange peppers
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
2/3 cup pasta sauce [I used garlic sauce]
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar, Monterey Jack or Swiss cheese
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions:
HEAT the oven to 375ºF. Cut the tops off the peppers and reserve. Remove and discard the seeds. Place the peppers, cut-side up, into a 3-quart shallow baking dish.
HEAT the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender. Place the onion mixture into a medium bowl. Stir in the chicken, sauce, cheese and black pepper. Spoon the chicken mixture into the pepper halves. Top with the reserved pepper tops, if desired.
BAKE for 40 minutes or until the peppers are tender.

No comments:

Post a Comment