Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

I know your mouth is just WATERING at just reading the title of this blog post. Trust me, I'm smelling this YUMMY dinner right now that is cooking in my oven. With this pregnancy I want different new things for dinner. While I was making out our meal plan this time around, up at 11pm talking to my friend who lives in GA, she gave me the idea to find something yummy that involved enchiladas. Then I found this recipe....

You will need:
2-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken [ I used chicken breasts and chopped them into cubes and cooked them]
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheeses, divided [I used Cheedar]
1 cup Sour Cream, divided
1/4 cup chopped cilantro, divided
12 flour tortillas (8 inch)
1-1/2 cups Taco Bell Home Originals Thick 'N Chunky Salsa

Directions:
HEAT the oven to 350°F.
COOK the chopped chicken over the stove in a pan.
MIX the cooked chicken, soup, 1 cup cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream and 3 Tbsp. cilantro until well blended. Spoon down centers of tortillas, adding about 1/4 cup to each; roll up. [I added a little more then suggested and made 4 good size enchiladas for us]
PLACE, seam-sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with salsa and remaining cheese.
BAKE 25 min. or until heated through. Top with remaining sour cream and cilantro.

Suggestion: You could add a side salad if you wanted..I will do it next time since it sounds good!!

In the oven to get the cooking on;)
Out of the oven...all nice and cooked up!! Ready for the plate...
That is what is inside this yummy bad boy:) I hope you all enjoy if you try out this recipe!!!!
FYI:Justin chowed down his enchilada within 10 minutes and loved it. So I know I will be making this again for us:) I'm really excited for Friday's dinner. I will posting that on the blog for everyone!

2 comments:

  1. definitely DROOLING by the time I finished reading this ...
    definitely going to use this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love it Heather:) I hope you and Gabe enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete