Friday, June 4, 2010

Santa Fe Chicken Recipe

Thanks to some of my girl friends, I have really enjoyed doing this meal planning so far. It has gotten NEW food and recipes into our bellies! This one is a big one for me since I am not a big fan of any kind of beans but green beans. I was willing to go out of my comfort zone and to try this new recipe I found:) Lets just say Justin was VERY excited to have some beans in the house for the night. He devoured everything, score for me! I hope you all enjoy it as much as we did.

Santa Fe Chicken

Ingredients:

2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
1 can (19 oz.) black beans, drained, rinsed
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 can (10-1/2 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups water
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1/2 cup TACO BELL® HOME ORIGINALS® Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
1 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Finely Shredded Four Cheese

Directions:

HEAT oven to 400°F.
MIX rice, beans and peppers in 13x9-inch baking dish. Combine soup, water and cilantro; pour evenly over rice mixture.
TOP with chicken. Spoon salsa over chicken.
BAKE 35 min.; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 min. or until cheese is melted.

(I personal cooked it for 45 minutes so I knew the chicken was done..I just added some more water for the rice)


Thanks again kraftfoods.com

♥tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment