Sunday, March 6, 2011

Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Quesadillas

So after my shoot this evening. I was DYING to get home to have this amazing dinner, but I couldn't cook it fast enough I was so hungry all of a sudden.haha But it was worth every single minute it cooked. It was def mouth watering and its sad to say, I didn't have any yummy sour cream. So I know next time its going to be EVEN BETTER:):) So easy and its made so fast. But on a side note: if your husband can eat a lot and is an endless pit like my husband, you might need to make another one or something else to go along with it;)

What You Will Need:
8 whole Flour Tortillas
Butter Or Margarine
2 cups Grilled Pineapple, Sliced
3 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
Salt And Pepper, to taste
3 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, Grated
1 whole Jalapeno, Sliced (optional)
Cilantro
3 Tablespoons Barbecue Sauce [ I love me some BBQ Sauce so I used half a bottle of Kraft BBQ Sauce]

Directions:
(To grill pineapple: grill over low heat. Cut into slices.)
Pineapple:Sprinkle with salt and pepper and Cajun spice (or cumin/cayenne, etc.) Drizzle olive oil on a grill pan and grill on both sides until done, brushing with barbecue sauce. Set aside and slice into very thin slices.
WARM pan over the stove with some butter and watch your tortilla till its nice golden brown!
ASSEMBLE, sprinkle four browned tortillas with grated Monterey Jack. Arrange chicken slices evenly over the surface. Add pineapple slices and jalapeno slices. Sprinkle on cilantro. If desired, drizzle extra barbecue sauce over the top. Add second browned tortilla on top of each one. (You’ll have four complete quesadillas at this point.)
ADD to oven to warm, or back to skillet to warm, until cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into six wedges. Serve with sour cream, pico de gallo, and lime wedges.

[I put two piece on top of eachother so you could see the yumminess inside:)]

1 comment:

  1. Gabe and I are super excited for this dinner!
    Thanks for sharing love :)

    ReplyDelete