Friday, January 28, 2011

Oh The Goulash:)

While making up our meal plan last month, I came across this beef and pasta recipe. I gathered all the ingredients and after making it literally dawned on me that this was GOULASH..not some beef and pasta meal. Really made me feel good that I just made a childhood meal that my mom used to make for dinner. So I thought I would share this YUMMY dinner with you all.

Ingredients:
3/4 pound ground beef or ground turkey
1 3/4 cups Swanson Vegetable Broth (Regular or Certified Organic)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 can (about 8 ounces) stewed tomatoes
1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow-shaped or corkscrew-shaped pasta

Directions:
1.Get a medium pot and fill half way full and put in noodles. Cook them till they are done.
2.Cook the beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often to break up the meat. Pour off any fat.
3.Stir the broth, Worcestershire, oregano, garlic and tomatoes in the pot. Stir in the beef or turkey. Reduce the heat to low.
4.Cook for 5 minutes or until all the ingredients are well blended together.

I hope your belly enjoyed this yummy meal:)

No comments:

Post a Comment