Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Drake's Birth Story:)

Well its literally been AWHILE since I have wrote on the blog...shame on me...jeeze! Well since we are waiting to go to dinner, I will go ahead and write out Drake's birth story:)

I was having contractions off and on the day of July 6th but nothing was really sticking since Drake was giving me contractions and then giving me huge gaps of 20+ minutes after awhile. I would go hours with no contractions and then it would start all over again. So I never got the whole hour of contractions. I went in for my 39 week appt in July 7th to see my OB and to see what my options were or what was going to happen. She checked me and I was 3-4 cm dilated and she went ahead and stripped my membranes twice. I was 80% effaced and Drake was ready to go! I started to have some contractions right after. My OB wanted me to set up an appt for next week just in case I didn't go into labor on my own by then. We came home and I started doing last minute stuff around the house and my contractions started getting closer together and were staying on top of eachother 2-4 minutes apart. I watched them for about an hour and a half since I wanted to make sure Drake wasn't pulling a fast one on me yet again. We dropped off Luckas at his daycare ladys house and went to get monitored at L&D. I was sent home to walk, walk, walk and drink lots of water. Then to come back in 2 hours to get checked and monitored again. We grabbed a bite to eat since it was lunch and I hadn't eatten. Justin and I went to the PX and walked all over the place like 5 million times it seemed like. Went to grab Luckas since he woke up from his nap and went home to finish up stuff. I drove myself back to the hospital at 4pm so Luckas could stay at home with Justin and not go back to daycare. I go in and they check me, they checked me and the guy said he needed to call Dr.Ta to see what he wanted to do. They hooked me back up to the monitors while I waited. I waited which seemed like forever, but finally Dr.Ta came in and checked me, I was a solid 5cm and he said he was admitting me. He said he was going to start me on pitocin {to get my contractions closer together} since they were 4 minutes apart and he wanted them closer. He was also going to get me on my epidural and not have me wait and was going to break my water. He said "I want to make Drake come tonight, before midnight".lol I called Justin told him to hurry up and get to the hospital, after he dropped off Luckas. I remember feeling so relieved when he walked through the door to the room.haha I was laughing, telling jokes, relaxing through contractions...but once the pitocin hit...it was a whole new ball game. My awesome nurse got my epidural first since I was in A LOT of pain, so I was very thankful for that. My epidural was working on my right side so they had me lay on my left side to help numb me more. I was still having some really painful contractions and I'm so very thankful that Justin was there with me. He held my hand the whole time, just being so very supportive!! I was still feeling contractions in the middle of my stomach which was odd, but I was numb on my sides. The contractions were really painful so the anesthesiologist gave me something stronger in my epidural called phentinal*. I started to have a hot spot pain on my right side. After awhile of just trying to rest and relax through my contractions my nurse asked if I was feeling any pressure and I told her I wasn't. Dr.Ta came back in to check me and he goes...he is right there. Its time to push, I told him I wasn't ready!haha I was finally numb in my stomach area and I was still having the hot spot pain. I also started to have the shakes since my body was getting ready. I started to push and it took me 2-3 minutes to push or as Justin said I pushed 2 or 3 times and he was here:) I was in labor for no more than 5 hours.

He was born at 9:19pm on July 7th, 2011. He was 7lbs and 11 oz. Justin got the chance to cut his cord :) It was just a great labor all but for feeling those pitocin contractions. We had a scare of Drake's first feeding since he stopped breathing and turned blue and purple. They grabbed him from and got him to breathing again...talk about being scared to death!! Well thats Drake's birth story I hope everyone enjoyed the short story!

1 comment:

  1. Girl you had some AWESOME docs and nurses with you if they were willing to jump-start the process with you! Glad everything went well! He is too cute for words!!!!